The Road Less Traveled – TBT 01.25.11

I’m stepping out the car now, and I can’t see a single familiar face, landmark, or even street sign in sight. I have no idea how we even got here. I just know that we drove fast, with the music up and windows down – without ever looking back.

“We were never meant to be, we just happened.”

Because we made it happen.And nowI can’t figure out if I’m glad they didor not. I just know that I’m glad to have been sitting shotgun next to you. Someone once told me, “It’s not the destination, it’s the journey.” We both have no sense of direction, and I have no idea what lies beyond the horizon. But I do know that it is the end of this road for me.

So you can keep your GPS, you need it more than I do. Because no matter where I am, or where I go, I now know what I want and where I want to end up. But I’ll walk slow in case you change your mind and turn around. And if not – I hope you find whatever it is that you think you’re looking for. Whether it be on some tropical island, some windy city, or in a ‘lil bat cave across the San Mateo Bridge.

Remember. A man is not where he lives but where he loves. And if somewhere along the way you realize that home is with me, you’re more than welcome to stop by. Just don’t be surprised if someone who always knew where they wanted to be answers the door for me.

This entry was posted in Life, Love & Relationships. Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to The Road Less Traveled – TBT 01.25.11

1. Anonymous says:

>I don't think you'll ever know to what extent your writing touches your readers. All of it, every single post hits SO CLOSE to home, at the exact point in my life, and each situation i find myself in. Although i don't know you, and vice versa, just know that you've helped me be THAT much stronger, in every sense.YOU.ARE.AMAZING.ABI.

2. Mouf.Peace says:

>OK I CRY NOW MR/S ANONYMOUS!! lol. i'm really happy that i've helped you in some way. sometimes it's easier to be strong for other people rather than yourself. and i don't think the people who read my blog know to what extent THEIR comments touch my heart 🙂 thank u so much!

3. Anonymous says:

>I don't know how you do it…but it always seems like when I am going through a situation u always know what to say to help and remind me "it's gonna be ok"… And I'm sure you do that for a lot of people. I know u do for me and many of my girls..this sounds stalkerish but ur blogs are part of my morning routine and sometimes throughout the days routine hehe.. Anyway thank you for the constant pick me ups, thank you for writing.. Please don't ever stop. 🙂

4. Mouf.Peace says:

>aw yall are awesome 🙂 and i'm honored that u've welcomed me into your every day routine! (hope THAT doesn't sound stalkerish haha). ur very welcome and don't worry, i don't plan on stopping anytime soon!

5. Anonymous says:

>Abi…your are freaking AMAZING. I can't tell you enough how your writing always touches my heart. There were many difficult days I was able to get through because of you.

6. Mouf.Peace says:

>gah! thank u so much. i'm really overwhelmed by these kind words. all i can say is i'm really glad to have helped. and i heard this somewhere, remember "difficult isn't impossible."

7. swonkydobon says:

I am glad to have stumbled upon your blog. You have no idea how inspiring this post is to me. Scary how it hits so close to home. It makes me want to get to know you and your story! Keep writing the way you do abi