If It Walks Like A Duck, And Swims Like A Duck …

I’ve always been fond of the saying, “If you got it, flaunt it.” But I’m also well aware that someone yelling out their passenger side window, “Damn look at that ass,” when wearing a short, body hugging dress is going to come along the territory of “flaunting it”. I have no qualms about that, and women neither should you. You knew what the fuck you was doing when you wore that low-cut shirt with that push-up bra. But what I do have a problem with, is being called a “ho” because of it.

While it’s not the best source of information, Urban Dictionary.com defines a ho as “a women who is easy and will fuck just about anything in a heartbeat.” For me, the true definition of a ho is a woman who fucks someone else’s man or a man that isn’t her own. Either way, neither explanation states a ho as someone who dresses provocatively. So then where does the misconception lie?

Perhaps one of the most infamous examples of this very subject is Dave Chappelle’s comedy sketch below where he condescendingly (although hilariously) talks about women not being hoes, but wearing a hoe’s uniform. Apparently, clothing that is too short, too tight, too see-through, or too low-cut is synonymous with being a ho. Obviously, everyone has their own interpretation of what a “sexy” outfit is. And what is sexy to some may look cheap or distasteful to others. I also have my own sentiments about what looks sexy, and what looks cheap as well. So I get it, but more telling than the way a person dresses or even looks – is the way they carry themselves.

Look at fine ass Halle Berry up there. She’s practically topless, but still regal as ever. You can wear something revealing, but still present yourself with class. Similarly, a woman in a turtle neck can fuck your man just the same as a woman in a Herve Leger dress. So the only “ho’s uniform” I know consist of someone’s dick in your mouth that ain’t your boyfriends. You can use inductive reasoning to say women who dress like ho’s (whatever that may be) are in fact ho’s. But just remember it’s practically like saying all men who wear hoody’s are thugs.

This entry was posted in Life. Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to If It Walks Like A Duck, And Swims Like A Duck …

1. 7 says:

So you have been called a h*e in recent years due to your style of dress – or am I misinterpreting?

Personally, I have found that some women’s “personalities” can definitely be found in their clothing (or lack thereof). However, as you stated, a woman whom appears a prude can be worse than the aforementioned. I have witnessed that firsthand as well.

To be completely honest, while I see nothing wrong with the majority of women’s attire… I also would never bring them home to meet my family (and forget about requesting what they might wear to please someone like my mother – if it is not whom they are, it is not going to be asked of me, as I am not out to change anyone – plus my mother has become quite computer savvy and will find them in those clothes anyway lol)

I would never, and have never called a woman a h*e (I cannot even type it). But if I had to define it *gun to head* it would also include a (wo)man whom has sex with multiple men outside of a relationship, on a regular basis. But that is just I.

• doowaditty says:

you are misinterpreting. i haven’t been called a ho by my style of dress (at least not recently and not that i know of lol). a blog on this concept has actually been drafted ever since that chappelle skit, but i finally finished it after seeing an instagram post my friend christine left. she is a model, and takes very provocative pics as that is part of her job. but she is faithful to her man, and a humanitarian. i wonder how many of the women who are all covered up that leave her nasty comments go back to their mother land every year just to pass out supplies to small villages? hmm.

and i agree with the multiple partners definition. however, i’m probably more lenient than you. if you’re having sex with two or three others and no one is attached, by all means ho it out girl lol. but there does come a point where it’s a bit much, however, everyone has their own number.

there is a time and place for everything, including the way you dress. the way you dress can be a reflection of ones personality, but i believe it only shows on facet of it. one day i can be in chucks and jeans, and the next in heels and a blazer. it all depends on the occasion and how i’m feeling that day :)

• 7 says:

“there is a time and place for everything, including the way you dress. the way you dress can be a reflection of ones personality, but i believe it only shows on facet of it. one day i can be in chucks and jeans, and the next in heels and a blazer. it all depends on the occasion and how i’m feeling that day”

Good morning! Unfortunately, some are not aware of what is appropriate or not per the occasion/setting – but I know you know the difference – many (many) others do not.

• doowaditty says:

Ps. Kudos for not asking her to wear sumthn else. She should know in her own. But ur reasoning is the truth.

• doowaditty says:

N kudos to not telling her what to wear. She should know better for the occasion, but ur reasoning is the truth

2. 7 says:

*(wo)man whom has sex with multiple (wo)men.* There, fixed, as I show absolutely no partiality or differences between the sexes in my beliefs/opinion. I am certainly not judging anyone… but sex without love has absolutely no appeal to me. But I understand it appeals to the majority.

3. riamichelle says:

Seriously. Thank you for this post. So sick of slut shaming. I don’t dress as revealingly as I used to but STILL if I put on a pair of shorts, I don’t need some dude saying I’m dressed like a ho. They’re shorts, get over yourself.

• doowaditty says:

lol you got some long ass legs too! i mean, i take responsibility for the attention. if you show off your legs, it will get looked at. but there’s a difference between making a comment on someone’s legs who’s wearing shorts, and thinking she’s gonna fuck you just because she’s wearing shorts smh.